Friday, February 11

The Mommy Journey: His First School Day!

Photobucket

What is life but a series of journeys?

From the moment you are conceived, you embark on your own personal journey. The amazing thing about us is that we're not limited in the number of journeys we take. We can be on different roads towards different destinations at any given time. On top of that, we are also able to interact and help those who are on entirely different roads, or pathways, or knolls, or plains, ot footpaths. Imagine that! Roads of life intertwining and overlapping and winding all around us like some Gonsalves creation!

These past few weeks I have been on a mommy journey which I've embarked on in my own road as I reached across and held my little boy's hand as he embarked on a parallel one. I've been looking for a school for my toddler.

Photobucket

Yes. A school. For my not-quite-yet two-year old. (He's 21 months.)

Photobucket

Before you go all googly-eyed at me, please know that I do not plan to send him off to some bootcamp for him to learn his numbers and letters and write a theses on the origins of mankind as based on the findings of some obscure anthroplogist from whatever era. I just want to find a place where, for two hours or so, he learns to socialize and play with friends, color sheets of coloring paper, cut some strips of paper - and perhaps learn how to wash his hands by himself. I have big dreams of him learning to say "please" and "thank you," I will admit. But they're dreams I'm willing to wait a bit on.

Photobucket

So off we went on this journey. I thought it would be a short walk, I didn't even pack anything in my hypothetical little wrap-on-a-stick. But then, short walks sometimes end up to become epic migrations. This, thank God, did not end up anywhere near epic.

So.

Guess what we found?

Photobucket

A gem of a school right across the road. Yes, it can happen. City people find a sweet little school for their little people right across the road. It comes complete with small classes, wooden chairs, an interesting indoor playground, and steps to go up the sink. How cute is that? And, did I mention? It's right across the street!

Photobucket

Photobucket

The two-month long search is now at end. We have reached the destination, folks. Watch your steps as you move out. Our little boy has found a new place to learn new things and meet new people!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The name of this charming school is Kidea. If you're in Jakarta and looking for a school for your little one, why don't you come and visit one of their schools? Their Website and their Facebook.

Photobucket

No comments: