Saturday, October 30

Life Again

Photobucket

There's never a day which is completely yours. BUT there is one day when it feels like the whole universe is saying: Here. This is Life. It's yours again for the taking.

I'm talking about birthdays. The day Life was given to you like it was the best gift ever - and it was given like all other great gifts: quietly, dramatically, with all the boom bands playing, almost unnaturally natural way. If you think I'm contradicting myself with all these descriptives, you'd be right. I am. Life does it, too. Contradict itself. And that's it in the grand scale. But I'm veering off course drastically here, so let me go back.

Photobucket

Birthdays. It seems as if I've been writing a lot about birthdays. What to say to that? I love them. I celebrate them. I celebrate Life.

A friend decided her birthday wasn't going to be just another day. She celebrated it with her students. And, boy, did they love it. Who doesn't like chocolate cake?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Everyone loved it. Slices disappeared faster than they could be served on a plate.  Before we knew it, there was only one slice left. That went to the birthday girl, ofcourse. The more, the merrier.  The last ones go to where they belong.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Life is so good.  And chocolate cake is so very delicious.

No comments: