Monday, September 27

suspended animation

Photobucket
savoring the present is more complex than being present in the here and now. 
~ Chie Sipin-Bjarenas

the last part of the week felt like it went past me in a blur:

classes on top of each other;

Photobucket

Photobucket

a session on reflexology for my dying feet;


time out with a friend to a (disappointing) photography shop; what felt like two days of workshops on re-inventing the teaching whee;

Photobucket

Photobucket

and a sunday night out with my two sweethearts.

Photobucket

i enjoyed it all - the time spent re-igniting my passion for teaching felt too little (i always have something to do after this and after this and after this) and it felt too much (i missed a whole day with my son and another day with my husband).  again, the toss up between my love for teaching and my love for being a mother and wife.

teaching has been such a part of my life that i no longer see it as a separate creature.  it is part of my identity.  it is who i am.  i might stop teaching in a conventional school one day, but i will never stop teaching.  and this weekend has definitely re-ignited some fire, some thing.  it has left me with a feeling of expectation and excitement.  i am currently thinking of ways to engage my students fully.  a way to bring be with them in this world i enjoy as well: the world wide web.

perhaps this blog will find a sibling soon.  or siblings - if all the teachers harness the power of blogging, i won't be surprised if this little community grows.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

sunday rolled in with the morning filled with ideas and thoughts on constructive thinking, more of the 21st century education, and short lessons on patience.  to say i was interested and in a rush to leave would be a paradox - but would definitely be the truth.

i needed my time with my boys.  they've been lazing the day away waiting for me and i wanted to be with them and spend whatever was left of my weekend.

so we played.

Photobucket

Photobucket


and we had sunday family dinner.


Photobucket





and we had a haircut.

Photobucket

and we played some more.

Photobucket

i savored each sweet morsel we had together.  it was my favorite dessert served with ice cream to top a rich dinner!



and as i finish the crumbs while my little one sleeps and my sweetheart snuggles with me, my mind moves within itself and finds little post-its filled with ideas for what to do next in school.where do i find the time ?

No comments: