Saturday, September 18

Find yourself a cup...

I've been waiting for inspiration on what to blog about like a young girl waiting for an old friend to come for tea.  I haven't written a thing in anticipation of its arrival, but it hasn't come yet.  And I'm afraid it's running late.  So I've decided to go on ahead with the tea party and simply share what's on the table when it comes.  I hope it comes soon.  I've missed it so.

hundreds of things

Find yourself a cup; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things. - Saki


While we're waiting for it to arrive, I'm going to go ahead and share stuff with the great big audience of none or one or more.  That's a bit of blogging magic right there - you don't really know how many are in the darkened area of the theatre.  And so, listen: I received very good news last week!

One of the pictures of my son was chosen for to be featured in a calendar for Adarna HouseAdarna House is a well-known and very established children's book publication house in the Philippines.  Their books are beautiful!  Their stories are timeless!  They offer such culturally rich stories and illustrations.  And the lessons these stories share with their readers are valuable.  It is such an honor to be part of their calendar for the coming year.

naptime friend & dreamworld companion

building blocks fortified

The past two weeks have been eventful in a domestic goddess way.  I had the privilege of being a SAHM (Stay at Home Mom) for all of 11 days now.  This means, ofcourse, that I have been blessed with time and time and time with my son.  And boy, is it going to hurt when I go back to work.  Hurt me more than him.  I'm going to miss his smiles, his giggles, his little hands reaching for forbidden bottles and wrappers and fan propellers.

he just picked his up

fascination with the forbidden

the assault of laughter

I'm going to miss lazing on the bed with him as he watches Pocoyo and plays foot war with me.

littles

In an attempt to comfort the mother who wants time to slow down its pace, I've decided to stretch time a little, cheat a bit and compile a little collection of the little one's treasures.  It makes days longer, freezes time and then, when Inspiration comes, I will also have something to show as we sit and sip our little cups of tea.


mouse-bear

old friends

shape sorter

little girl dreams

colored thoughts

holding on to his chances

No comments: