Friday, December 10

It's Beginning to Look a LOT Like Christmas!

Photobucket

I have quite a long list of excuses as to why I haven't updated this sweet blog: exams came and went: I had tons of marking to do; progress reports had to be made: I wrote a lot of remarks and keyed in a lot of grades; I spent lots of time outside with my boys;

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


the little one learned to swim;

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I updated the school blog and did photoshoots for the students, teachers and what-nots at work. I should have documented it all - but should haves don't seem to count now. I'm here in the now and Now says I should write this about it. It's Christmas and all our days are merry and bright.

In the midst of all the busy-ness, we made time for the season. We went to the lighting ceremony of the tallest Christmas tree in our part of the world! Thirty-eight meters tall! One Million Led Lights! And to sweeten the deal, Magical Fireworks went on display. Boy, these people celebrate in a big way!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


In our little bit of the world, we've put up our tree...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I think it's only when we become parents do we realise just how good traditions are for the family. I now truly understand why my mom made me go to all those family parties and why she'd want us to be home when we put up the tree - even through my rebellious ty-age years. (I only started skipping down that particular dark alley when I was 21 or so.)

Photobucket


We've gone to check the Christmas Lego structures in our favorite mall.

Photobucket


We might have some problems with skirts when he figures those out...

Photobucket


School's closed for Christmas as well. And we had a great time welcoming Santa Claus when the kids were around.

Photobucket


We also celebrated when they were all gone.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Jingle the bells, make it look a lot like Christmas, prepare for kisses under the mistletoe!

Photobucket

Photobucket


And Now. Again. The Here and Now. We're doing a countdown for when we go home to where they make puto bumbong in the corner and bibingka by the plaza. I can't wait to fly the friendly skies so my son can finally set foot for the first time on one of his home lands. There's food for the soul waiting for me and I can hardly wait to have my fill!

Photobucket

No comments: